1. What is the NFPA 285 Fire Test and why is it so important?
– Pass/Fail Fire Performance Test
– Component Driven Test
– Code Compliance and the NFPA 285
2. What are common concerns encountered with NFPA 285 assembly design and installation?
– Improper Combination of Materials
– NFPA 285 and other Types of CI, Compatibility, No Compatibility
– Window and Door Details
– Cladding Transitions
3. What are the different types of CI Options that offer NFPA 285 compliance?
– EIFS, Board Insulation (Polyiso, EPS, XPS, Mineral Wool), Insulated Cladding, Spray Insulation, Pre-insulated Concrete
4. What are the advantages and challenges of CI Board Products in NFPA 285 assemblies?
– Maximize Space/R value
– Attachment Methods
– WRB Drainage Plane Placement
– Component Costs
At Empire Sales Group, Inc. we believe in a triangle approach promoting our manufacturers to Architects, Wholesale Distributors, and Contractors. We value the long term relationships that we have with our principals and with numerous customers. Our affiliations with our manufactures allow us a multitude of options when addressing the roofing needs of our customers. Whether your roof requires maintenance, removal and replacement, enhanced energy performance, Energy Star, LEED conformance, and Green Roof design, Empire Sales Group, Inc. will have a viable solution for your next project.