1. How have continuous insulation requirements evolved in the IBC/IECC as next generation versions been introduced?
– Current and future IECC iterations include “ci” requirements in all climate zones
– Prescriptive U Value table added in 2009 IECC
– Prescriptive U Value method examined and compared
(to R Value method)
2. What is the importance of materials testing and how they affect selection, code compliance, and design?
– Review of product and assembly tests for Thermal, Fire, Air, and Water Management
— Product and assembly tests for Thermal Performance
— Product and assembly tests for Fire
— Product and assembly tests for Air Management
— Product and assembly tests for Water (bulk and vapor) management
3. How do material tests affect design and functionality of a wall assembly?
– Well defined tests for Thermal and Fire code compliance
— ASTM 518 for Thermal Performance
— NFPA 285 and UL 263 for Fire
– Tests for Air and Water Management for effective assembly performance
— ASTM 2357 Air Management assembly test
— ASTM E 96 Water Vapor management test for foam plastic insulation
— ASTM C 1104 Water Sorption for mineral fiber insulation
— ASTM E 331 Water Management of Wall Assemblies
4 What are the performance dynamics of different wall assemblies that incorporate continuous insulation?
– Hybrid assemblies with cavity and continuous insulation
– Continuous insulation only assemblies
– Water management of permeable and impermeable continuous insulation
– Air management of permeable and impermeable continuous insulation
– Clip, bracket, Z furring, and composite board (cladding attachment systems)
At Empire Sales Group, Inc. we believe in a triangle approach promoting our manufacturers to Architects, Wholesale Distributors, and Contractors. We value the long term relationships that we have with our principals and with numerous customers. Our affiliations with our manufactures allow us a multitude of options when addressing the roofing needs of our customers. Whether your roof requires maintenance, removal and replacement, enhanced energy performance, Energy Star, LEED conformance, and Green Roof design, Empire Sales Group, Inc. will have a viable solution for your next project.