VaproShield® the industry leader in Breathable Membrane Systems for Roofs and Walls is pleased to release Managing Moisture with Breathable Membranes, an AIA accredited technical seminar on the building science of water-resistive vapor permeable air barrier membranes.
With our innovative approach to developing cost effective and environmentally friendly materials, our breathable membranes continue to meet the challenges of today’s building science and construction technology issues including LEED and Sustainable Design.
Over the past 10 years there have been significant changes to codes and regulations for the design and construction of thermally efficient, air tight buildings.
We will examine:
– Comparisons between self-adhered and mechanically attached water-resistive vapor permeable air barrier membrane systems
– Connection details and construction methods to achieve a continuous plane of barrier to control air leakage in accordance with the International Energy Conservation Code & ASHRAE 90.1
– Technical issues related to uncontrolled air movement vapor diffusion
– Principles of wall design
– Functional “build to the design”
– How air barriers, in-conjunction with vapor permeable membranes, save money
Fully tested building envelope system – rough opening flashing accessories eliminate the need for untested outside components
At Empire Sales Group, Inc. we believe in a triangle approach promoting our manufacturers to Architects, Wholesale Distributors, and Contractors. We value the long term relationships that we have with our principals and with numerous customers. Our affiliations with our manufactures allow us a multitude of options when addressing the roofing needs of our customers. Whether your roof requires maintenance, removal and replacement, enhanced energy performance, Energy Star, LEED conformance, and Green Roof design, Empire Sales Group, Inc. will have a viable solution for your next project.